From:
Greg Purvis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Sep 2006 02:40:50 -0400
Now I'm trying to figure how to access this Ambra's BIOS.  I'm not
managing to guess the correct keywords in the search engines.

The machine has MS-DOS 6.0 loaded.

During boot-up, I've pressed at various times all of the F Keys, the DEL
key, and the (period) key, but so far I've managed only to irritate it.
(Unless those beeps are laughter.)

When the computer boots, a screen appears with "AMBRA" at the top, and
which shows an animated diagnostic check-list.  I haven't figured
whether I should be leaving the keyboard alone during that phase, or
activating a special non-DOS hot key.  The screen disappears after a few
moments, after which the screen appeasr to show normal DOS boot-up.

I want to access the BIOS because I'm hoping to swap one of its floppy
drives for an older CD-R/W drive.  If that's even possible to do, then
I'm assuming the system won't hunt for the new hardware on its own, I'd
have to manually change the settings.

As always, thanks in advance for any and all help.

Greg P.

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com