From:
Greg Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Aug 1999 07:04:25 -0700
I have a customer whose computer looses time each day. I have probably read
the answer here before but do not remember it.

The computer is a Pentium Pro 200 on Intel Mobo (440), 128MB RAM (72 Pin
DIMM), 6GB UDAM HDD w/over 4 GB free. The OS is WIN98 (1st release).
If the customer leaves the computer powered on for over 24 hrs it will begin
to loose time, maybe a 4-9 minutes. It will continue to loose time over each
succesive day. The customer also states that the system seems to run slower
and slower the longer the system is up and the more time it looses. This is
being base on the time to start up an app and access 3 different screens
that the customer starts and accesses everyday since the PC was built. If
the customer powers PC off (Start/Shutdown/Shutdown computer) and then
powers computer back up, the time comes back correctly. That is to say we do
not have to walk her through resetting the system to the correct time. I
would appreciate any input from y'all.

Greg Anderson
GALA Enterprise
Quality Computer Service & Repair