From:
Tony Mayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Aug 2004 21:13:23 -0700
IIRC, the ATI9800 Pro requires a 375 watt ps.  You would probably do
well to upgrade your power supply.  When I installed mine, I upgraded to
a 430w power supply.

Tony Mayer

Adam Favre wrote:

>I am preparing to add an ATI 9800Pro video card to my pc (unless one of you would argue the BFG 5900 Ultra Overclocked card would be better).  I spoke with the individuals at my local PC store and they suggested I might need to upgrade the power supply.  Here are my current specs, including power supply.
>
>Enlight 360w Power Supply
>AMD Athlon XP 3200+
>Thermatake Heatsink w/ 80 mm fan
>ABIT AN/7 MOBO
>2 80 mm Case Fans (1 antec, one Thermatake)
>Radeon 9600 XT Video Card
>2 512k Muskin Green PC 3200 memory sticks (total 1gb) running Dual channel
>1 WD 160gb Hard Drive
>1 3.5 Floppy
>1 DVD +/- RW drive (Lite-On)
>1 CD RW Drive (Samsung)
>1 Microsoft Wireless Keyboard and Mouse (running off of USB port)
>1 Nostromo Gaming Array (running off of USB port)
>
>Ocassional other USB plug in peripherals.
>
>I think I have included all items that would tax the power supply in some way, shape, or form.
>
>>From what you see, do any of you think I need the upgrade?  How will I be able to tell?  Will it just not power up, will I ruin a component?
>
>When I bough the case, I paid the extra $$$ over the el cheapo cases at NEW EGG because the salesman indicated the power supply included w/ this case was a quality item, not a piece of dook.  Any insight would be appreciated.  If you need more details, please let me know.

           The NOSPIN Group is now accepting donations to help
          defer the costs of providing PCBUILD and our website.
           Visit http://freepctech.com to donate using PAYPAL