From:
Tim Lider <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Mar 1998 09:03:20 -0800
Hello,

At 01:36 PM 3/30/98 , you wrote:

>I'm going to build my own PC.

>My problem is:
>I want to buy a Monster 3D II card, but I don't know which 2D card I
>should buy (I want the fastest 2D).

>Could someone please give help?

>Or could someone tell me is Diamond Viper V330 good for games (I don't
>want a card that can't support complete set of 3D features)?

  If you have a Pentium II go for the Matrox Millennium II, if you have a
Pentium Pro, MMX, or Plain you might want to try the ATI Wonder or Maxtrox
Mystique.

  The Matrox Mystique is faster than the ATI Wonder, but the ATI Wonder has
more support in Windows 98. Also the ATI Wonder has a TV / Video In, Video
Out, The Matrox Mystique you need to get the Rainbow Runner.

  Both of the cards are PCI, have 4MB SGRAM Standard. The one big factor
though, the Matrox Mystique is Bus Mastering. You want Bus Mastering for
speed.

  Good luck in your search and I hope this information helps you out.

Tim Lider
Advanced Data Solutions
Web Site: http://www.adv-data.com
E-Mail: Mailto:[log in to unmask]