From:
Bill Nussbaumer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Sep 2000 20:58:57 -0400
Hi all,

I need the latest BIOS before upgrading my processor and want to be sure
I'm getting the procedure exactly right before flashing my Award BIOS on my
Abit BE6-II Motherboard rev. 1.01.

Question 1: Deciding which BIOS to use.

Currently installed BIOS:  QJ

Updated BIOS:  (See Below)

This is confusing (read below but you may want to see web page for what I'm
talking about)  www.abit-usa.com downloads section.

Latest version supports 1Gig PIII -->  Listed file name is UH  but is
listed as RV and the downloaded file is RV.

Note:  RV is the same label as two revisions ago.  Odd!

I could go with SH (I don't need 1 Gig Support).

Question 2:

Can I just boot with a DOS floppy and run awdflash.exe without any command
line parameters?

(awdflash version 7.72 - latest)

I'm confused whether or not I need to use any parameters like given in
Abit's example.

i.e.  awdflash beh_rv.bin /cc /cd /cp /py /sn /cks /r

I don't know what all those parameters do.

Thanks for any help,

Bill Nussbaumer

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html