From:
Darren Page <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Jul 1998 16:08:04 -0400
In the July issue of PC Upgrade, they mention installing a HiVal LS120
a:drive (an IDE unit) in their featured system. They specifically mention in
at least two places that they disabled the onboard floppy controller because
they were not using a conventional 3.5" floppy. If I remember correctly, the
unit discussed also does not have a normal 3.5" floppy, and if your Ortech
LS120 is also an IDE unit, then disabling the floppy controller (either
onboard by jumper, in CMOS set-up, or both) should force windows not to see
the a: drive, much like we don't see the b drive around much anymore.

I have to mention that I also haven't worked with these units yet, and I'm
going on what I've read only.

I would also check the boot order in CMOS set-up to make sure that the LS120
is included as a boot device. My Set-up offers only LS120 and then C (only
one option for the LS120). I would make sure that you set up something
similar on your system.