From:
Yui Shin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Jan 2000 17:11:13 -0800

> Here is the wierd part: If I pull out the power cord from the ATX casing,
and then put it back in and repeat a couple of times, eventually the PC
would start back up. However, the BIOS no longer is able
> to recognise the Celeron speed. I need to get into the BIOS to set the
speed again. I am not sure of how to get it out of that "no monitor signal"
mode apart from taking away the power cord and putting
> it back on a random number of times. Even this sometimes does not work.
>
> This is a crucial PC which I need to be up and running for periods longer
than 12 hours at a time. I know it is not the power supply because I just
replaced the setup with a new 250W ATX power
> supply.

You might want to double check the motherboard and
make sure it's not shorting to the case. Also, I've seen
a no display problem generated from not having a modem
card in all the way. So you might want to strip the
system and boot up with the barest of essentials.

You mentioned the power supply was replaced and
by reinserting the power cord the system would work.
This sounds like another area to investigate. Double
check your power supply and connectors to the
motherboard.

 -yui shin

                            The NOSPIN Group
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org