From:
Richard Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Oct 2010 13:04:18 -0400
The exact hardware determines what speeds are correct.
The following example shows how true that statement is.

My numbers below are for an older AMD based XP-Pro system.
(My Wife's oldest machine is an AMD Athlon 2000+)
CPU: (now) 4890rpm, alarms at 4100rpm.
CPU temp: 38*C now, alarm at 55*C
System Fan: 2570rpm, alarm at 2000rpm

Some of my newer Intel based machines run in the 800+rpm ballpark.

Rick Glazier

From: "DeLyle Dvorak"
> I'm running a desktop computer with ASUS motherboard, using XP Pro, SP3 (built
> for me 5 years ago). Recently it began exhibiting fan speed warnings at start
> up:
> CPU Fan speed to low and CHA1 Fan Speed too low or not working.
>
> After trying some options previously posted on this site, I replaced both fans.
> I'm still getting the error message about the CHA1 fan and at some bootups, the
> same error with the CPU fan, but not every time. I went into the settings, but
> am not sure what the speeds for each of these fans should be set at. The options
> on the CHA1 fan are speeds of 500, 800, 1200 and the CPU fan 800, 1200, 1600.
> The CPU fan seems to be okay when set at a warning speed of 800, but the CHA1
> fan produces the warning, no matter at what speed is set (it also shows the
> option of disabling the warning). The fans appear to be working fine, so am I
> having a motherboard problem instead of a fan problem?
> I'd appreciate any help or advice.
> Thanks.
> DeLyle Dvorak

                     visit our download web page at