From:
Paul Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Jun 2000 18:05:30 -0400
At 02:14 PM 6/2/00 -0500, you wrote:
>I am pretty sure that I connected the power supply correctly.  The FIC 503+
>is an AT board and I made sure that the P8 and P9 connectors were aligned
>right, with the blacks wires adjacent to each other.  I don't
>know...hopefully I connected them right!  The power supply fan and the CPU
>fan turn on, so I think the power supply is functional.  Assuming that that
>end of the problem is covered, I am left with having ruined the mboard.
>Ideas, anyone?  Or do I resign myself to getting another mboard?

The 503+ is a combination AT/ATX board.  There is a jumper on the board to
select which type of PS you are using.  Check that one first.  Then unplug
all the drives (both power and data cables) and any expansion cards except
for the video card.  If the board, PS, RAM and video are fine you should POST.

J. Paul Jones
http://www.mindspring.com/~jpjcet/

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html