Date:
Fri, 23 Aug 2002 21:03:24 +1000
Sounds like you are looking at wrong direction.  The problem more likely to
be your system couldn't keep up with what your games asked, so that heavy
CPU/graphics tasks badly lag, which has nothing (or very little) to do with
sound since processing sound will only take few % of CPU timing.  It will be
nice if you can include your hardware related info (eg. Video, RAM, driver
version) as well as software environment (game setting, OS, anything running
at background...).

you could try:
1) defrage HDD, to speed up file loading time
2) disable background programs, especially anti-V (any kind)
3) update hardware drivers to latest
4) if possible, upgrade few hardwares, the easiest and best way to improve
performance would be: having more RAM and more powerful video card.

I have same mobo and I play games as well, most games will run fine as long
as you don't push them too hard.

*My little PC: G3 Ti200 o/c to Ti500, Duron 1G, 768M of RAM.

Jun Qian