Date:
Sun, 1 Jan 2006 14:29:57 -0500
Hello, and a Happy New Year too all.
After vacillating for some time,  I am ready to build my first computer.
I am unclear however on which components to choose.
I will try to delineate my needs.
I will never play games.
I will surf the web.
I want to do scanning, as well as working with a digital camera.
I enjoy MP3 files.
My pricipal question is which motherboard to purchase.
Do I need SLI? If I purchase a board with SLI, must I use two video cards?
I have noticed that the newer memory is DD2. Is there a big advantage to having a board that would support this memory?
Any additional advice would be appreciated.

Daniel