From:
Charles Bennett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Jan 2005 08:57:12 -0500
Hi

I'm having trouble installing an internal modem board.  I've done this
before without problem on different machines.

IBM Z Pro
P3 550 x two
1 gig memory
Win2k Pro clean legal install
10/100 Ethernet
TXTR laser

On PCI3 I am inserting a 3COM 56k data/fax modem.  Upon boot, it is
not recognized in plug and play.  When I add it manually, it does not
work.

I have tried removing the Ethernet and laser boards and inserting the
modem in their slots.  Upon boot up, it recognizes something new, but
cannot identify it.  Again, when I add it manually, it does not work.

I've tried two different modems and still cannot get it.  Do I need to
install a third COM?

I know little more than how to turn a computer on.

:-)

Charles Bennett
Chambersburg, PA

                     support at our newest website: