From:
Bill Cohane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Mar 1998 01:44:32 -0500
Ron wrote:
>I have installed a new MB(asus p4 430tx chip set) and Intel P233.  I am
>being asked for a a file that I can't seem to find.  ideatapi.mbd  Has
>anyone had a demand for this file?  Where did you find it?

Hi Ron

Ideatapi.mpd is the Intel Busmastering EIDE driver. It should be in the
c:\windows\system\iosubsys folder. (Mpd stands for mini port driver.)

You can get this file from
<ftp://download.intel.com/design/pcisets/busmastr/bmide_95.exe>,
but if your system is running properly, you probably don't want to
install it.

I would check in Control Panel, System, Performance and make sure that
"Your system is configured for optimal performance" is displayed. Also
check Control Panel, System, Device Manager to make sure that there are
no yellow "!" in front of any devices.

If you download bmide_95.exe, you can double click on bmide_95.exe and it
will expand into several files including a setup.exe file. If you execute
setup.exe, after reading a license file, you have the option to extract
the file ideatapi.mpd *without* installing it. Having checked that
everything is okay with your system, you could just stick ideatapi.mpd
into the c:\windows\system\iosubsys folder. However, if this is loaded
into memory, it will consume some memory. (Hopefully it will not keep
your IDE system from operating properly. If it does, just remove it
from this folder.)

Alternatively, you could try and find where ideatapi.mpd is referenced
at boot and delete this reference. (System.ini, win.ini, the registry,
config.sys, autoexec.bat, whatever... Email or post a list message for
more details.)

Regards,
Bill