From:
Ron Jobe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Aug 2002 22:34:41 -0500
I was installing an HP Officejet D135, (printer, scanner, fax, etc) on a
small network.  It installed fine on the host computer (new Dell running
WinXP Pro).  I shared the printer and fax and then installed them as a
network printer on another computer (new Dell laptop running WinXP home).
This is in a small office where the Officejet is physically behind the two
workers.

All is well in printer and fax land, but is it possible to share the
scanner?  HP gives instructions on how to share the "device" on a network,
but doesn't go any further than sharing a printer.  Microsoft XP help files
indicate that you can share a scanner.  I found a note on the MS
knowledgebase that said the documentation was wrong.  It appears that if the
Officejet were to install itself as a scanner, then the scanner could be
shared - but it doesn't.  I've not been able to separate the printer, fax
and scanner drivers to try to install the device as a scanner.

Any suggestions on how to share the scanner portion of this Officejet?

Thanks!
Ron Jobe

---

                    Digest mode - visit our web site: