From:
Peter Shkabara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Jul 2002 16:00:46 -0700
I am not sure of your exact configuration as to Internet connection, but
here is how I do it. The XP machine is connected to the Internet via
dialup modem, but it could also be any Internet connection such as
cable, etc. The connection is configured on the Advanced tab to "Allow
other network users to connect through this ...". When this is done, the
XP machine gets assigned an IP address of 192.168.0.1 and all other
machines that want to use this connection must be on this same network.
You can set the other machines for DHCP, but I don't recommend this
because you will need to have the XP on before the others start up.
Instead, set the other machines to a 192.168.0.x address where x can be
anything from 2-254. Set the gateway to 192.168.0.1, and add a valid
address for a DNS server. This should allow you to have a local network
as well a share in the Internet connection.

Peter
The NoSpin Group