From:
Dean Kukral <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Sep 2004 15:08:49 -0500
Follow Up

I really did  not want to do this, but I decided I had to.  Since my wife's
computer (the one that does not start) and mine are almost the same, I took
the cpu out of hers and put it into mine and it ran.  So, now a half-hour
later (full of sweating and cussing trying to deal with the heat sinks!), I
know that my problem is not the cpu, since it ran fine in my machine.  It is
most likely the motherboard.

Any other advice is still welcome, if you think that I have overlooked
something, and it is not the motherboard.

Dean