From:
Dean Riddle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Nov 1998 03:01:46 -0800
At 03:09 PM 11/25/98 +0530, you wrote:
>>controller,  How would I get the backup to be bootable when the current
>>drive fails.

John, I've been thinking as I read these posts that I have had two bootable
drives in a system at once, but couldn't remember how I got it set up that
way. In the newer bios settings you can choose to boot from ide 0 or ide 1
(plus other choices), and you can't boot from a hard drive that doesn't
have an active partition. I would try this: Install one hard drive, use
fdisk, make active partition. Then shut down, remove that hard drive,
install second hard drive, use fdisk, make active partition, then do what's
needed to do a mirror drive, which by the way, can be done with 3rd party
software, because I've heard of large companies doing what you want to do.
Perhaps an internet search using "hard drive mirror" or something like that?
Dean