From:
joseph marty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Nov 2005 23:00:28 -0500
A lot depends on the printer's connections.  If you have a home network it is easy to share a printer if it has a network connection.  If it doesn't, and you have a network you can buy a printserver to connect to the network, then connect the printer to the printserver.  There are printservers for home networks that have USB connections for the printer.

If you don't have a network there are USB based switchboxes that will connect to 2 or more computers that allow them to share a printer, scanner, or some other device.  If the printer is designed to connect to a parallel port there are switchboxes for those as well.  If you printer has both a USB and a parallel port connection ( my old HP 895 Cse from 1999 does, and it is still in service) you can connect the USB to one computer and the parallel port to the other without a switchbox.  You can only print from one computer at a time though unless the printer has built in I/O switching.

dorothy Jones <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Can someone tell me the simplist way of sharing a printer between two PCs?
>I've been told that one can't use USBs for this, and I don't really believe this to be true.
>
>I'm running Windows98se

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.

                     visit our download web page at: