From:
Dan Shaughnessy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Jul 1998 21:55:09 -0500
A quick check at "onsale" http://www.onsale.com/category/Multimedia.htm
shows a refurbished PCMCIA 2X CD-Rom at auction for $49.00.  They hav3 38
available and only 5 or 6 bids so far.  While it wouldn't be a good drive
for substained video use, etc.  It should do quite fine for installing
software.  --PS you probably want to read the warranty disclaimer before
purchasing, I guess at this price, they are going to be careful.

Dan Shaughnessy