From:
"LaMont K. Bankes" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Mar 1999 21:58:51 -0700
>Also, does anybody have any recommendations on what kind of
>video card to get??  I was also thinking about the Matrox Millinium card.
>The PC will be used both as a business type PC and a game machine.  My
>boyfriend wants to be able to play games like Dear Hunter 3-D on it! :)
>
>Thanks,

Hi Kristin,

I use a matrox mill. G200 w/8 mb ram on my FIC VA-503+/AMD K62-300 and
haven't had any problems to speek of.  I have played most 3D games out there
on it and they have all run fine. (Need For Speed-3, WWII Fighters, Unreal,
Klingon Honor Guard, Turok-2, and Forsaken to name just a few.)  If you are
looking for OpenGL skip this card as Matrox has been slow to release the
driver, all they have is a beta version out and they don't seem in too big
of a hurry to release the full driver.  We may be left in the back row by
Matrox spending most of its energies on the newer cards. :-(

LaMont