From:
Earl Truss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Apr 2000 22:00:05 -0500
I also have a Memorex CD-RW drive that I've had only about three
months - the model 4224.  I had to download the latest firmware update
from the Memorex Web site and load it into the drive to get it to pass
the system tests without locking up the computer.  I started out using
the NTI CD Maker software that came with it with the latest update from
the NTI Web site.  I didn't like the methods it provided for working
with audio CD compilations.  I also had similar problems with using
CD-RWs in this drive with this software.  I recently got Adaptec CD
Creator with their DirectCD software.  DirectCD seems to have solved
these problems.