From:
Goran Halfvarson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Apr 2003 23:48:39 +0200
Mike! Thanks for introducing me to the ATI boards!

I realized that I can choose between:
-- type 1: an integrated card (i.e. graphics, TV-tuner, video capture, video
in & out), or
-- type 2: a graphics card + a TV/video-editing card (TV-tuner, video
capture, video in & out)
Did I get it right?

The ATI All In Wonder cards seem to be of type 1.

Thanks to Mark Rode's message yesterday I have realized that Matrox too has
a card (also of type 1, above) that might fulfil my wishes:
-- Matrox Marvel G450 eTV
(32 Mb DDR, AGP 2x/4x, 360 MHz RAMDAC, Dualhead, TV-tuner, Video in/ut,
Retail)
http://www.matrox.com/mga/products/marv_g450_etv/home.cfm

Regarding type 2; a TV/video-editing card that I have been looking at is
-- Hauppauge WinTV-PVR-350 (http://www.hauppauge.com).

Questions:
-- Any comments on pros and cons regarding type 1 versus type 2 solutions?
-- Any comments on pros and cons regarding ATI versus Matrox cards?
-- Regarding ATI; should I get an ATI branded board, or would any brand of
board with an ATI chip be ok?
-- Regarding naming conventions of ATI products; should I look for a product
including the name "All In Wonder", if I want integrated video-capture and
TV-tuner etc.?
-- I need a quiet board, is there one without a fan? (I'm trying to compose
a quiet computer.)
-- What about video-editing software? Is any good software included with the
cards? What would you recommend?

I will order my new computer this week so I need your answers quickly,
please.
With best regards,
Goran Halfvarson, Sweden