From:
Michael Eisenstadt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Oct 2004 15:25:44 -0500
First of all, thank you all for your helpful suggestions.

The reason the Enermax case power supply turned
itself off after 4 seconds was because it didnt detect
a processor fan.

At this point, having installed an Alpha PAL 8045 heatsink
and fan, the power supply & fan are functioning.

I have an Asus A7N8X-X board, AMD Athlon mobile
XP-M 2400+ processor & heatsink/fan and a
Kingston 512M stick of RAM.

When powered up, the board's green LED lights up.
But with a known functioning video card and monitor
and keyboard, the monitor does NOT turn on and
the 3 keyboard LEDs only flash once and turn off.

As suggested, I removed the battery and cleared
the CMOS.

The 3 components, board, RAM and CPU were all
just bought from Newegg.com

Any suggestions about what to do now?

Again, thanks in advance for your help.

Michael Eisenstadt