From:
John Sproule <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Jun 2004 13:47:25 -0400
I'm afraid that you're probably best off thinking in terms of starting over
with building a new computer.  You won't be able to replace a pentium 3
processor with a pentium 4.  They require different motherboards.

You might be able to strip a few parts out of the Compaq for use in a new
system, such as the drives, but you'll likely need to be thinking in terms
of a new case, new power supply, new motherboard, new memory, new processor,
and probably a new video card.

These are general suggestion, which is the best I can offer without knowing
exactly what model Compaq you have.

You might want to take a look at the some of the Buyers Guides at Anandtech,
http://www.anandtech.com/guides/index.html, in order to get a better idea of
what parts would best meet your needs.

John Sproule