From:
Ray Parrish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 May 2001 10:05:37 -0700
Hello,

I'm assuming that you are booting from a floppy to try to do the install.

When the message comes up that says "Driver not found" it means that the device
driver referenced in the config.sys file on your machine is not being found. You
need to make sure that it is on the floppy you're booting from, or point to
where it is on your hard drive.

The line in your config.sys that loads the cd rom driver should look something
like the following one from mine. Note that "MTMCDAI.SYS " is the actual name of
the cd rom driver file and may be different for your cd rom drive. Since there
is no path information before the file name, the file MTMCDAI.SYS would need to
be on the floppy you are booting from. [If it's not, change the line to reflect
it's location if you've installed it to your hard drive]

 DEVICE=MTMCDAI.SYS /D:MTMIDE01

The following line will appear in your autoexec.bat on the floppy. It loads
MSCDEX.EXE, and must reflect the location of the file itself. In this case it is
in my WINDOWS\COMMAND folder. It will fit on your boot floppy nicely along with
the cd rom drive file above and the other files you need to boot.

C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND\MSCDEX.EXE /D:MTMIDE01

That should be enough info to get you going again. If you have troubles or need
to ask a question don't hesitate to ask again. [Copy and paste the lines out of
your CONFIG.SYS and AUTOEXEC.BAT file so we can see them.]

I hope this helps, Ray Parrish

> > > Hello,
> > >      I hope someone can help me.  I do not know what else to do.  I have
> > an old 486 computer.  I formatted my C: drive.  I cannot load windows 95
> > back on my drive because my cd rom will not work.  I downloaded a
> > driver off
> > of the internet.  My cd rom is a Mitsumi fx001d.  I went through the steps
> > of installing it but when I reboot my computer it keeps telling me Device
> > Driver not found.  No valid cdrom device drivers selected.  I have been
> > working on this computer for a week.  Do you think I need to give up and
> > trash it?  Please Help. :(

                         PCBUILD's List Owners:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>