From:
Russ Poffenberger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Apr 2003 06:37:39 -0700
At 11:40 PM 4/9/2003 -0700, you wrote:
>I have to rebuild a system for a client who has a Verizon DSL connection,
>and who  is a AOL subscriber.  This family started out years ago as AOL
>dial up subscribers, and even though they recently added a DSL connection,
>which has nothing to do with AOL, they still only use the AOL services.
>
>I am unsure as to what, if anything, I need to install for them to access
>their AOL mail, and or AOL services.
>Can an a AOL user just log in to the AOL web page, and have access to AOL
>mail and services just like they would using a dial up account?  Or do they
>have to install software in order to use the service. Any enlightment, in
>how to use AOL, with a broadband connection, would be appreciated.

If you point your browser to www.aol.com. You will find links to download
and setup AOL 8.0 plus for AOL broadband support. During install, it will
ask if you are a current AOL subscriber.

I did this for a friend and it works fine. I myself don't subscribe to AOL.

Russ Poffenberger

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml