From:
joseph marty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Jul 2002 23:00:22 -0400
You might want to reformat the partition with all the programs if you're going to reinstall the OS, since you'll have to reinstall all the software anyway.  I would want to start with a completely clean slate.  I am unaware of any advantage to having programs on a different partition.  All the registry stuff will be in the OS partition, and without that, nothing will run.  In the olden days when I was hurting for Hard drive space I sometimes installed big programs on zip disks.  I would just reformat the whole disk and start again.