From:
Tom Turak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Jun 1998 10:12:56 -0400
Tony Jones wrote:
I also have a problem with the machine not logging onto the network,it
gives the message below.

"While trying to access the Network the error message No domain server
was available to validate your password you may notbe able to gain
access to some network resources."

It gives an error in the communications port via device manager, there
are two of the same network card, when I delete one it finds
the hardware and reinstalls it to the communication port again.

Thank you
Tony

Click on Control Panel, Network, Client for Microsoft Networks, Properties, General,
and clear the box for Network validation, check instead "Log on and restore network connections"
and the first error message you mention about no domain server, will go away.  Try deleting all
communications ports, and see what the wizard finds and installs then.
Tom Turak
tturak at ralgi dot com