From:
Chris Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Aug 2006 11:33:25 -0400
-----Original Message-----

Date:    Tue, 29 Aug 2006 13:43:50 -0400
From:    Jdoby <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Computer hangup

My computer hangs up when I have several windows open or try to
 print.  Task Manager shows 100% usage.

 Running Windows XP Pro, AMD 2400, 1 gb of ram, 40 gb harddrive
 7 gb occupied.  What can I do to avoid the hangup.   Thanks

------------------------------

Which process is showing 100% cpu usage? You have plenty of memory, I doubt
thats the problem. A few questions;
1. Did you do any updates to Windows prior to this happening?
2. Have you updated any drivers recently?
3. What program are you printing from?
4. What kind of printer is it?

You can try this step to see if it helps. Worked with my HP Deskjet and it
may or may not work in your case.

Check printing preferences. Rather than spool the documents (held in queue
until ready to print) check 'send directly to printer'. Go to 'Start', then
'Control Panel', then "Printers and Faxes'. Select the printer, right-click
and select 'Properties'. Select the 'Advanced' tab and check 'Print directly
to printer'. Make sure 'Always available' is checked also.

HTH

Chris Ryan

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml