From:
Nanu Kalmanovitz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Oct 2006 09:06:16 +0200
Hi!

Can be the Net card driver is for NDOS (Novell DOS)?

If I remember that epoch, ("DOS epoch") correct, same drivers worked correctly for both M$ DOS and Novell DOS.

Novell DOS is called DR-DOS 7.02 \ Caldera, Inc., you can find some info at

http://developer.novell.com/yes/48064.htm

I tried to find it on the net but didn't find it.

Since I am a Novell disciple I have the NDOS on my servers.

Let me know what is the file name you need.

HTH

Nanu

Nanu Kalmanovitz

Technologies

Tel.: 972-3-5523542   Celular: 050-5843879

Kalmanovitz Bros. computerization promotion Ltd.

P.O.Box 3434 Holon 58133 Israel

www.kalmanovitz.co.il>>> [log in to unmask] 25/10/2006 14:08:44 >>>

Hello all,

I am attempting to prepare my daughter's computer so she can join our fam

ily network. The comnputer was a gift from a friend who formatted the har

d drive and reinstalled the OS - Win98SE from the IBM recovery CD which a

ccompanied the computer, but no other drivers etc.

The computer is an Aptiva 2194 with a 600 celeron CPU, 128 meg RAM, with

a Compex ReadyLink Express 10/100 Fast Ethernet Adapter (s029-a1).

The Ethernet card was in the machine, with no drivers installed. I found

drivers and installed the card, but was unable to configure the machine t

o "talk" with my hub (SynOptics LattisHub 2803).

In frustration, I decided to re-format the machine and reinstall Win98SE

from a Microsoft disk because I had just successfully configured another

computer running 'straight' Win98SE.

My problem is as follows:-

When trying to configure the network, the computer asks me to insert a "N

ovell Netware DOS disk that was "supplied by the manufacturer".

I do not have this disk, and I can't fathom why the Compex ReadyLINK Expr

ess 10/100 Fast Ethernet Adapter needs this Novell program to run as it w

asn't included in the drivers I downloaded from the net.

Is there a work around?

Any suggestions will be most gratefully received.

Anne Smith

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,

                          http://freepctech.com