From:
Robert Citkowitz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Feb 2004 16:20:49 -0500
Tony wrote:
< In control panels, under the "System" icon, you can find the entry for the
failed modem.  Select it and click on "Properties" and then check the box
that says (to the effect) "Disable in this Profile".  Your modem will still
be there, but Windows will ignore it. >

When saving this profile, lable it External modem.

Rob

>Hi All,
>
>Recently added a USB modem to my Acer laptop because the built in modem
>was fried in a storm. Now however even though I try and remove the old
>modem from device manager in windows 98 upon reboot it keeps reinserting
>the drivers. I have tried  different things to remove it but nothing
>works. The modem as far as I can tell doesn't come out as it seems to be
>permanantly built in to the case of the laptop so can't remove it. Can
>anyone tell me a solution for this as it seems to be causing problems
>for the USB modem.
>

>Many thanks,
>
>Paul.

                    Digest mode - visit our web site: