From:
"Richard F. Bolha" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Oct 2006 10:33:18 -0400
Hi Tom:

<Laptops are more difficult to work on than desktops. However, with your
> background, a magnification lamp, small tools and a very organized work
> ethic, they are not that difficult. Do not buy a laptop with plans to
> take it apart simply to do upgrades. Ram, CPU, and some drives are
> relatively easy to upgrade by only removing a couple of screws so no
> unusual technical abilities are necessary.

Ok, so let's says I think I have a video card problem with the laptop. On a
desktop I would drop another video card from another unit in. If it does
not work I may swap out the monitor and continue until I confirm the issue.
How do I test a laptop? How does a laptop repair shop do it? Do they stock
alot of new parts or just have alot of old stuff accumulated that works?
The same question I would have about power supply,memory sticks,hard
drives,Etc.Etc.

Thanks
Richard F. Bolha

                    Digest mode - visit our web site: