From:
Paul Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Jan 2001 18:45:32 +0100
    Hallo to all on the list.  I have a question regarding the shown refresh
rate on a Sony CPD 100 ES it's rated at 85 Hz.  Running on a Ati Graphics
Pro PCI. 2MB  When I set the refresh rate to optimal, the onscreen display
shows 100 Hz (shown when you press brightness or contrast) and I also see
light stripes on the monitor ( I see the picture clearly also but the
lighter lines running up and down the monitor are noticeable).  To prevent
damage to the monitor I set the refresh rate down to 70 Hz and this works
for most of the programs except on some games. At first I thought that this
was a problem related to Direct X but using the override on the Direct X
diagnostic tool (also set to 70Hz) did not resolve the problem.  Question is
has anyone seen this before and how did they solve the issue. Tools? or any
hints would be greatly appreciated