From:
Joe Lore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Jul 2002 08:57:17 -0400
With intel P4's it is very important that the Main Board INF files get
loaded right after the OS is installed and before any other device drivers
get installed.

Intel was very vocal about that in the begining. They had demos showing how
speed could be effected by up to 80% slower, if the proper order for
installing the drivers was not followed.

Was this a clone that someone built for you or you built yourself or was it
a dept store, retail box purchase.  My guess is it is a clone because the
big boys would know better.  You may have to reload from scratch.  I
suggest you go to intel's site and get the proper information for setting
up a P4 system first.

Another thing to do is to check the bios and see if all the setting are set
for optimised performance.

At 09:22 AM 07/04/2002 +0300, you wrote:
>We recently bought a pentium 4, 1.6 GHz, 128 MB RAM, 400 MHz bus speed, 40
>GB hard disk and running on windows XP. The disk is partitioned with NTFS.
>Suprisingly the machine is slow as compared to ones with lesser RAM, bus
>speed and processor speed. Even printing from a network printer is very
>slow. Any comment?
>

> Chilangisha Changwe
>
>Changwe
>
>            Do you want to signoff PCBUILD or just change to
>                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
>                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml

Thanks,

Joe