From:
Dan Uscatu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Jan 2000 18:15:30 +0200
NEVER let your cartidge run dry, and NEVER leave it unused for along time.
especially with epson, which has the printing head separate from the
cartridge. and the heads will damage anyway after a certain number of
changing the cartridge. better use HP or another which have the heads on the
cartridge, so you can easily change them. a new epson head is almost the
price of a new printer :<

a ood solution for you is the isopropilique alcohol. put 2-3 drops on the
head, let it dry, repeat until you see small coloured spots. worked for me
lots of times with customer's printers. with epson heads, do NOT, repeat, do
not apply pressure on the nozzles ! the heads are too expensive and too
'sensitive' when cleaning them. you can terminate them if you try cleaning
with paper/towel.
another solution, but also you must be VERY carefull:

1. remove the cartridge, then remove the head (do not remove them together,
then try to remove the cartridge, b/c you will break a small plastic part)
2. look on the INNER part of the head. you will see a small tube (1cm long,
2 mm width) with lots of small holes at the end. it fits exactly into any
regular single use syringe. put some isopropylic alcohol in the syringe, and
push it VERY GENTLY through the small tube. yo should see very thin drops
going out on the other side. you can even count the nozzles like that :) and
its very easy to see which are clean or not. but be very carefull, if you
push too hard, you will terminate the head.

good luck

> >I have an Epson 640 in which thee color cartridge exhausted. For a month
or
> >so I did not print color but continued to use black ink. I then refilled
all
> >three color inks using a refill kit. Now I am still unable to print
color.