From:
John Sproule <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Oct 2010 10:13:44 -0400
ATT has outsourced their email handling to Yahoo.  I'm with their DSL
service in TN; so, I don't know if this information will apply to your
friend's account or not, but it looks generic enough.  See if you can pull
up this support page.  It's for configuring Outlook Express.

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401573&ct=9000142

I take it that she is using a dial-up connection because their DSL is not
available at her location.  If it were, ATT does offer what they call DSL
lite, which is about the cost of a dial up connection, but significantly
faster.  It lends itself well to simple web browsing and email.

Hope this helps.

John Sproule