From:
Joe Lore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Jul 2002 09:41:53 -0400
i beleive you have to make a disk on the w2k machine that has to ne
installed on the w98 machines that allows it to be seen.  check the w2k
machine help for connecting to networks

At 07:31 PM 06/30/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi,
>I have a laptop from work and it has Windows 2000 installed on it.  I have
2 Win98 desktops at home sharing a DSL connection through a switch.  I want
to connect the W2K laptop to share files and printer connected to one of
the Win98 desktop.  When I hook the laptop I can access Internet OK as I
get an IP address as I have DHCP enabled.  But I am not able to make the
laptop part of the work group at home.  The W2K is configured to access the
work LAN using a Domain Server along with Novell Network.  How can I change
configuration so that at home I can make the laptop part of home workgroup
and share files and a printer.  I also have a utility installed on the
laptop called Net Switcher II to accomplish that but it does not work for
me.  I will appreciate help in this regard.

>TIA
>
>Ahmad
>
>        The NOSPIN Group provides a monthly newsletter with great
>       tips, information and ideas: NOSPIN-L, The NOSPIN Magazine
>           Visit our web site to signup: http://freepctech.com

Thanks,

Joe

                     visit our download web page at: