From:
alan smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 May 2006 13:08:26 -0400
Right click on MY COMPUTER, left on MANAGE, then on DISK MANAGEMENT. You should see the drive and you must format and the computer will name it "drive x " ,then you can use it. As a result of a few crashes, I now use a 15Gig as my C drive with a partition for the ghost backup,
  then I  use a large (80Gig) partitioned into  3 for other info. If I get a crash or failure, all that I lose is a small drive, but no files.    AL SMITH

Donald DeWitt <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
  Hello members,

I need advice installing a second hard drive as a slave. I have a Dell XPS
400 running with XP. I purchased a new Seagate 160GB Serial ATA w/NCQ
7200/8MB from an internet company and a hookup cable from a different internet
source listed as SATA Serial ATA Cable – 36inch – Red – 1 Right Angle
Connector. I installed the drive and connected the cable to the drive and
the motherboard also connected the extra power plug to the drive. The
computer doesn't recognize the drive by clicking on "My Computer" also the
Add Hardware Wizard cannot find it. The drive did not come with an
installation CD or installation instructions. Where do I go from here?

Don DeWitt

Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
http://freepctech.com

All new Yahoo! Mail