From:
Jamie Furtner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Aug 1999 18:15:38 -0700
At 01:04 AM 26/08/99 , you wrote:
>I have 4 computers on a simple Win98 network.  All is working with the
>network but the new printer I put on isn't working.  It is an HP 712c.
>It will work as a local computer.  I have tried to remove the two way
>communication features by going to a file in Windows / System called
>HPCFG13.exe.  All to no avail.  I called tech support and they said the
>printer can work on a network but they don't support this printer on a
>network.  Any ideas?

I have an HP 722C, shared over a network connection, and here is what I had
to do
to share the printer properly(This is from memory, so some steps may be
left out.)
The 722C is an upgraded 710C -- a little faster is all.

I was using the most recent driver versions for the printer, check HP's web
site(www.hp.com) to get it.(For me it was version 10.3.) I installed the driver
on to the server & shared it.(I called it DeskJet)

On the client system, I installed the driver, let it pick printer port
1(LPT1) and restarted.
After that, I captured \\server\deskjet to LPT2.(Printer properties,
Details, and Capture
Printer Port...) I set the printer to LPT2, and then saved those changes.

Last step(I think :) was to run the HP Configuration program and turn off
Bi-Dir
Communication. Restart, and test! I think that was it!

Thanks
Jamie Furtner
-- Jamie Furtner [log in to unmask]

                            The NOSPIN Group