From:
m_sayer_ <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Feb 2004 09:36:43 -0000
Have you tried disabling it either in the bios or in device manager?
I'd try that if you haven't tried it yet.
I think I'd go for the bios first if it's in there. If I'm correct, windows
won't even 'see' it then and try to load the drivers.
Hope this helps.
Michele Sayer

Hi All,

Recently added a USB modem to my Acer laptop because the built in modem
was fried in a storm. Now however even though I try and remove the old
modem from device manager in windows 98 upon reboot it keeps reinserting
the drivers. I have tried  different things to remove it but nothing
works. The modem as far as I can tell doesn't come out as it seems to be
permanantly built in to the case of the laptop so can't remove it. Can
anyone tell me a solution for this as it seems to be causing problems
for the USB modem.

---

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com