From:
Steve Polatas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Oct 2002 06:28:54 -0500
Dan,

The IP addresses supplied to your PC's on your network by your D-Link router
through NAT (Network Address Translation) belong to a group of addresses
that are set up to be "non-routable" meaning that they cannot pass across a
router. When the IP addressing standard was created, these classes of IP
addresses were set up just for the purpose of protecting private networks
from "the public network". Your PC's are totally invisible to the outside
world. Your network appears on the internet as just a single address, the IP
address of your router supplied by your ISP. Nothing else is visible.

Steve Polatas