Date:
Thu, 11 Sep 2008 19:29:02 EDT

Alfreda,
Something to try. Right click My computer, choose properties then click
Device Manager. Does "Display adapters" display a yellow question mark? If you
click on the plus sign by display properties it should show the computers
display device (such as a video card name). Right click this and then click
"update drivers".
On the screen that opens be sure "Install the software automatically" is
selected then click "next". It will search your computer for the correct driver.
If it doesn't find it check to see if you have a cd for the video card (if
display adapter shows a video card name) that may have come with the computer.
If you have one, go through the above steps, but choose "install from a list
or  specific location" instead of "Install the software automatically" and
choose  the cd drive that you put the video cd in.

 I hope this helps but if not get back to the list with what you have  tried
and someone may have a better suggestion to try.

 As a side note, I would suggest downloading Belarc Adviser.
It will give you all the info about your system that us "Tech challanged"
folks could need!

-Phil-

In a message dated 9/11/2008 12:58:20 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

You are  so right. I apologize!!
I have an Acer desktop model which has Windows WP  running on it. I'm not
the least bit techie so don't know if it has a  video card or onboard
video.

The more info on your system, the more  likely to  get
> help solving your problem. That being  said...
>
> I have had a similar issue twice in the past. First  time was a nasty
> virus
> that was rather complicated to remove.  The second time, my video drivers
> got
>  corrupted.
>
> In the first instance, I ran a virus scan which  showed there was an
> infection. I did an internet search of the virus  name and found
> instructions to
> remove it which included  disabling system restore (this deletes  all
> previous
>  restore points), starting in safe mode then running a variety of  virus
> and
> malware removal tools.
>
> The second time  was as simple as going to the computer manufacturers
> website and  downloading the drivers needed. I hope this is your solution
> but,  as  I
> said, with more info on your system, the more tech-savy  members of the
> list
> will probably find your  solution.

I will try this.
Thanks so much for  answering.

Alfreda
> Good luck
> -Phil-
>
> In  a message dated 9/9/2008 12:40:26 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
>  [log in to unmask] writes:
>
>  Hi:
>>
>> When I first turn on my computer, the color  is  alright. After a few
>> seconds the screen goes black and  when it comes  back on the color is
>> out
>> of  whack. I then have to go to the control  panel, then display  and
>> change the color from 8 bits to 32  bits.
>>  Does anyone know how I can get the color to stay at the 32   bits?
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>>
>>  Alfreda

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml