From:
Joe Lore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Jan 2005 09:07:42 -0500
hi,

It is easy to determine the type of memory by looking at the slots on the
main board or the memory itself.

If the long slot has 2 notches, it is s-dram (168 pin).  If there is only
one notch, it is DDR (184 PIN).

The size, if not marked, is harder to determine.  You need to use a tester
or a board to determine it.
Same thing with speed, if not marked, A tester or a Bios that can sense it,
is needed.  The same chips may
be used on 2 different pieces of ram, but the resistance on the board
determines the speed.

Thanks,

Joe

I have Belarc on my home machine.  It will tell me the number of byte of RAM
memory in a slot.  Not speed, type etc.

I need to look at several machines where I work, hopefully without tearing
them apart.

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml