From:
Kenneth Whyman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Jun 2007 22:09:29 -0700
Not only are you running in half the RAM, but part of that RAM isn't
even available to Windows. Onboard video borrows a segment of the RAM
installed on the board to do its rendering in, unlike an offboard card
that carries its own RAM with it. Second point is that an onboard video
processor is a shared part of the northbridge chip, and typically isn't
nearly as powerful as a dedicated GPU. An add-in graphics card will
improve your performance on both fronts. Get a nice-sized PCI-Express
graphics card, and perhaps some more RAM as well to bring your system
back up to your old specs. Upgrading to Service Pack 2 will also help
with stability issues. Make sure you are also running the lastest
security fixes above and beyond SP 2, and the latest drivers for both
the motherboard chipset and the graphics card. Best of luck. :)