From:
Herbert Graf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Apr 2000 10:25:16 -0700
--- Dan Gistenson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can someone suggest which cd rw disk blanks are
> reliable but not too
> expensive? I'll use the disks for two different
> reasons. First, I'll be
> using the disks to backup a hard drive, and second,
> I'll use the disks to
> distribute software being developed in house.
>
> Should I use disks made by the manufacturer of the
> cd rw drive or doesn't

     Doesn't really matter, I have had luck with
various brands of CDRW disks, however I have also been
bitten pretty bad. I recommend you stay with brand
names, doesn't have to be the best but don't go with
totally unknown ones. Stay away from Pacific Digital,
I never had as many problems with CDRW media from them
then with anybody else. I stay with Acer (the same
company my burner is made by) and Memorex. Never had
any problems with either and the price isn't too bad
(about $4.99CND each).

> it matter? Do disks come in different densities /
> capacities?

     No, AFAIK CDRW media only comes in one size,
650MB or 74 minutes. Although the CDR world does have
slightly higher capacities (80 minutes or 700MB) I
don't believe that has crossed over to the CDRW world
yet. TTYL

http://invites.yahoo.com

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html