From:
Bill Cohane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Jun 1998 04:27:30 -0400
At 18:54 05-06-98 -0700, Steve wrote:

>I've heard of a situation where someone had so many "unresolveable" device
>conflicts that he just removed all hardware and ports (even system stuff)
>in the "device Manager" and then rebooted and let W95 sort it all out.
>Could have this have been a true story?  Is this safe to do?

Yes, you can do this and force Win95 to redetect everything. (I've done it
a few times.) If you remove "Plug and Play BIOS" from the System Devices
category in Device Manager, everything in Device Manager will get deleted.
(Do it after booting to Safe Mode so that you don't freeze Windows.)

Of course, depending on what hardeware you have, it may take a while for
Win95 to get everything sorted out. Just be sure that Win95 actually
detects (all) the correct devices that are in your computer.

Regards,
Bill