From:
m_sayer_ <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Oct 2004 17:29:37 +0100
Hi,
Actually I have a question related to your question re: sp2 and I wonder if
anyone can enlighten me?
I had uninstalled sp2 on my sons pc after finding that immediately would not
establish an internet connection even after disabling the built in firewall.
I also got these "Intel(r) AIM external flat panel driver 5" messages and
I'm just curious as to what they are?
I have since reinstalled sp2 and it seems ok now, which is strange?

In answer to the windows messenger icon, the first thing I always do after
generally go for the msn version of messenger if I load one at all.
That's just what I always do, and I never have the windows messenger
problems that everyone else always has.

Michele Sayer

I have uninstalled the SP2 since turning off the firewall I was "gifted" by
Microsoft didn't not help.

Walla!  Zone Alarm works again!!

The only bug left is a message that says I have hardware to install that my
computer has detected.

"Intel(r) AIM external flat panel driver 5"

When I cancel that it goes to panel 6, then 7.  It is irritating, but stops
after 6 requests to install new hardware.  I did play along once and allow
it to try , but when it could not find the disc, it went on to panel 6 and
so forth.

Thanks so much Microsoft.

Anyway to FULLY uninstall SP2?  That Windows Messenger icon still sits in my
tray and it keeps trying to load it.

Bob

---

                    Digest mode - visit our web site: