From:
Hugh Vandervoort <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Jul 2005 18:50:04 -0400
Support for Steinberg is here:
http://www.steinberg.de/wwwmenu_sbb0e4.html?Langue_ID=2
They recommend "ASIO compatible audio hardware", which I don't know
anything about.
I notice that the recommended setup is a 2.8Ghz processor, and yours is
a 2.0 (HP Specs are here:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericDocument?cc=us&docname=bph07379&lc=en#N10024
There is also a Steinberg forum.at:
http://www.steinberg.de/Steinberg/Communityb0e4.html?Langue_ID=2

John Knox wrote:

>Can you suggest best ways of upgrading any components of my computer, (bought off the shelf), which is used solely for audio recording. I have removed unwanted programs and tweaked it in accordance with articles from 'Steinberg'(I use Steinberg - Cubase SX3 - recording software)and Microsoft but it still occassionally 'freezes'and I need stability. I can spend money upgrading this, or on a new (purpose built for audio) computer like 'Carillon' but the specs. seem to be similar and perhaps a new one would also 'freeze' (I don't know ).
>
>Here is what I have now:
>
>Computer:      HP Pavilion 771n
>Motherboard:   ASUS P4S -LA
>Processor:     Intel ?