From:
Brian Niggeman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Sep 2004 01:07:29 -0400
Donnie

Sounds like its trying to boot to some device other than your hard disk.  Check
the boot order in the bios settings.  If you have your floppy drive or cd drive
above the hard drive it will try to boot to them first, but should only do so
if you have a disk in them. So make sure there is no disk in the cd or floppy
drive, and/or change the boot order to your hard drive first.

Brian

Quoting Donnie <[log in to unmask]>:

> Hello all.  My name's Donnie Mintz, and I'm hoping that you can help me out
> with
> a problem that I'm having.
>
> Ok, I bought an old Trigem Cognac Motherboard from a friend; the board =
> works and has the most recent bios updates available, but when I connect =
> my HDD to it I get the message "NTLDR is missing".  However, I have seen =
> the file on the drive, so I know that it is there not missing, and when =
> I reinstall it on my old computer it boots up just fine.
>
> I guess what I need to know is why is the Trigem board not recognizing =
> the NTLDR file so that it can load the OS???
>
> Thanks for any help you provide.
>
>                          PCBUILD's List Owners:

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml