From:
m_sayer_ <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Aug 2004 15:21:21 +0100
Hi,
If your computer has always been freezing, I can't see that connecting to
the internet would help it, so Im confused by the advice the retailers have
given you.
If this has been happening since you bought the computer (I'm assuming that
it's a new pc), then I would suggest you take it back to them and insist
that they repair it and give it back to you in full working order.
In the meantime, make sure you have an up to date antivirus program
installed such as AVG(and run it), check for spyware,( try downloading
something like adaware), and I would also suggest a firewall such as zone
alarm.
(These things are all free and easy to find using the Google search engine)

Also, it would probably be wise to defragment and scan your drive
occasionally to keep it in good condition.

I'm assuming that this is a pretty new pc, which is why my first suggestion
was to return it to the retailers.
If you have done all of the above and its still happening, this could point
to a hardware problem/conflict somewhere.

HTH,
Michele Sayer

---
Just to clarify; if you've got a virus, it's not from me!

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml